NOVA Financial Markets Knowledge Centre Presentation Session
19 February | NOVA School of Law
The recently created NOVA Financial Markets Knowledge Centre is dedicated to the study of the financial markets – banking, capital and insurance, with particular focus on value creation, that is, the concern to produce a positive impact on society.
The Centre’s opening session will take place on February 19th , at 6pm in Amphitheatre A at NOVA School of Law.
At the event, which will be attended by the Centre’s researchers, consultants and partners, the programme of activities for 2024 will be presented, both in terms of research and social impact.
A brief discussion will ensue, initiated by a keynote lecture delivered by Professor Noah Vardi (Roma Tre University), on “Creditworthiness assessment & responsible lending in the context of consumer credit. Where are we?”. The lecture will be commented by Francisca Guedes de Oliveira (Director of Banco de Portugal and Professor of Economics at Católica Porto Business School) and Vinay Pranjivan (Economist and specialist in consumer protection in financial services).
Room: NOVA School of Law | Anfiteatro A
Hybrid event: The event will also be broadcast via zoom
Link to access the broadcast: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84699241467
18h00 | Presentation NOVA Financial Markets
- Joana Farrajota, Assistant Professor, Vice Dean NOVA School of Law and Director NOVA Financial Markets
- Rita Vieira Marques, PhD candidate NOVA School of Law and researcher at NFM
- Leonel Cá, master candidate at NOVA School of Law, trainee lawyer at VdA and researcher at NFM
- André Moreira Simões, PhD candidate and guest lecture at Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa, trainee lawyer at DLA Piper ABBC and researcher at NFM
18h30 | Keynote Lecture: “Creditworthiness assessment and responsible lending in the context of consumer credit. Where are we?”
- Noah Vardi, Professor Roma Tre
19h00 | Reaction and moderated open discussion
- Francisca Guedes de Oliveira, Administrator of the Bank of Portugal, Professor at Católica Porto Business School
- Vinay Pranjivan, Economist and expert on consumer protection in financial services
The event is free of charge, but registration is required.