Post Doctoral Studies
The Postdoctoral programme in Law is an individual research programme carried out at NOVA School of Law by an external researcher, national or foreign, who holds a PhD degree.
This programme has a minimum duration of three and a maximum duration of thirty-six consecutive or interpolated months. The regulation defines the conditions of access to the common resources of NOVA School of Law by external researchers who wish to carry out post-doctoral studies here, as well as their duties and rights.
|Cost per semester
|National/European Union Student and International Student
Students who choose to pay the annual tuition fees in a one-off payment receive a 5% discount on the amount to be paid.
Eligibility to apply
- Holders of a doctoral degree
How to apply
- Applications for post-doctoral programmes are submitted to the NOVA School of Law Scientific Council.
- The application for admission, addressed to the Chair of the NOVA School of Law Scientific Council, must be accompanied by:
- Programme of work to be carried out at NOVA School of Law as part of the post-doc (around 5 pages), including: title, state of the art, objectives, methodology, bibliography and timetable;
- Declaration of acceptance by the proposed NOVA School of Law supervisor;
- Proof of completion of the doctorate;
- The candidate’s Curriculum Vitae.
- The application must include:
- The scientific area of the doctoral programme offered at NOVA School of Law in which the post-doctorate is to be carried out;
- The intended start date and duration in months;
- The name of the supervisor.
The application must be submitted no later than 3 months before the planned start date of the programme.
After authorisation, the researcher must register with NOVA School of Law. Registration is carried out within a maximum of one month after the notification of the authorisation, and after the procedures are indicated by the Academic Service to the researcher.
Emoluments/Charges and Taxes Fees
- Application Fee: 51,00€
- Academic Insurance: 3,00€
- Administrative Costs: 15,00€
- Enrolment Certificate: 6,00€
- Certificate of completion of the programme, as indicated in Article 15 of the Regulation: 6,00€