Western Sahara Research Group Inaugural Conference
23rd May 2022
The Inaugural Conference of the Western Sahara Research Group will mark the beginning of the works of this new and international research initiative.
The main objectives of the Western Sahara Research Group will be to gather international specialists and scholars on matters related to the legal and international status of Western Sahara and to promote scientific research and publication on related topics, focusing on an multidisciplinary and integrated approach with all relevant scientific areas of research, from Law to International Politics and Economic and Social Studies.
The conference will be held in English and simultaneously on site and online.
Location: Room 007 | NOVA School of Law (simultaneously online)
Presentation of the Western Sahara Research Group
Panel 1: Western Sahara and the Law of Self-Determination
- Andrea Caligiuri, Professor, University of Macerata
- Peter Hilpold, Professor, University of Innsbruck
- Francesca Martines, Professor, University of Pisa
- Andrea Mensi, Post-Doctoral Researcher, University of Lugano
Chair: Francisco Pereira Coutinho, Professor, NOVA School of Law
Panel 2: The Western Saharan Conflict in International Relations and Law
- Cristiano D’Orsi, Professor, University of Johannesburg
- Aya Kouch, Researcher, NOVA School of Law
- Meriem Naili, Researcher, University of Exeter
- Stephen Zunes, Professor, University of San Francisco
Chair: João Francisco Diogo, Researcher, NOVA School of Law
For attendance to the conference (on site and online) please send registrations to email@example.com
The Organizing Committee
Professor Francisco Pereira Coutinho, Post-Doctoral Researcher Andrea Mensi and Researcher João Francisco Diogo