NOVA Tax Research Lab
NOVA Tax Research Lab is a knowledge centre established in the Center for Research & Development on Law and Society (CEDIS) of NOVA School of Law.
It stemmed from the need for academic reflection and intervention on the ongoing (re)evolution of the tax systems and on the new challenges imposed on tax administrations and taxpayers.
NOVA Tax Research Lab’s mission is to promote research and activities concerned with the latest challenges of taxation from Portuguese, European and International perspectives.
In addition to developing research, publications and other technical analysis, NOVA Tax Research Lab also designs training and workshops and organizes conferences and talks.
NOVA Tax Research Lab aims to be the bridge between the academy, private and public sectors, as well as civil society, for a coherent discussion of tax challenges.
- Develop a multinational and multigenerational network of tax researchers
- Promote collaborative research in tax law
- Sign partnerships with entities in the public and private sectors
- Promote community awareness on the importance and impact of taxation
- Promote courses (face-to-face and online), workshops and seminars